Thursday, May 14, 2009

First Post

Before we start I thought I would tell you a little bit about myself, and what this blog is going to be about.

This is my standard bio:

Adam Wieland was born on Easter Sunday, 1981, in Rockingham, Western Australia. Adam writes mainly in the Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror genres. He completed a Media Studies degree at Edith Cowan University in 2002. One of his short stories, "The Border" was published online by "The Murder Hole" E-Zine the same year. Since then he has had a story published in Shadowed Realms that was nominated for a Tin Duck (for best West-Australian speculative fiction) and a story in the first issue of ‘Short Stories Australia’ magazine. Last year he released a chapbook of his first chapbook of poetry, 'A Medley.'

This blog is the most important of my many 'homes' on the web, for this is where I intend to write and post the most content. This blog will cover a number of areas:

1) My Work - Which will consist of updates and the latest news, plus the struggles and successes of being a writer. Interesting reading for other writers and for readers as I document my works-in-progress on a fairly regular basis. Word counts. Problems etc

2) Reviews - Books, Film, Music. Hopefully I can introduce you to something or someone that adds to your life.

3) Thoughts on writing / book industry

And more. It is hard at this early stage to say what this blog is going to become, and I don't want to limit it to the above and nothing else. All I hope is that you find it both interesting and enjoyable enough to return to on a regular basis, and maybe, if you haven't already done so, more inclined to seek out and read my work. Please feel free to comment on my posts

Regards,

Adam Wieland

No comments:

Post a Comment